English French German Italian Russian Spanish
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Greetings from Newfoundland!

Greetings from Newfoundland! 4 years 10 months ago #18

Hi everyone, I registered tonight. I'm from (and am now in) Newfoundland, Canada though I did spend ten years in Vancouver from 1985 to 1995. I have been pagan (individual/eclectic) since 1991 and am active on Usenet newsgroups including alt.pagan and have been since the early 90s. My mystic web page is www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html and there is a link to my home page on there (on my mystic page I describe my mystic bipolar experiences since 1991 and compare myself to past figures including Taliesin, and on my home page I have more mundane stuff such as a CV/resume and stuff on Sarah McLachlan and a Newfoundland and Labrador Travel and Music subpage). These days I am doing a Ph.D. in Geophysics at Memorial University of Newfoundland. The pagan community here in St. John's is small but we have a Facebook group where I have mentioned this site. I have also mentioned this site on some pagan Usenet newsgroups, but traffic on those is very low these days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greetings from Newfoundland! 4 years 10 months ago #19

Glad to have you. We are enjoying your arctic air down here in the Midwest United States today. It is currently 6° outside and cold on the inside.

PODSnet is nothing new. When most of the BBS a shutdown they went to alt.pagan. We are now trying to bring back what once was. Strangely the information that wants was readily available is starting to become harder to find.

Plus many of us have lost so much knowledge... Much taken across the veil with our elders as they pass away.

Hopefully this will become a Townhall, and archive, and a repository of knowledge a safe place to share and most of all a safe community.

Welcome and feel free to share as you can thank you so much for joining in.

Talwyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: yamamushi
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds